When FOS Development was ready to launch master planning for a 54-unit upscale townhome and flat community, the mindset was urban luxury. McCrory worked with LTC Associates on this riverside project that mixed new construction and historic renovation in an upscale community just down the riverbank from the Vista’s South Carolina State Museum. The keystone would be a fully restored 1930-built Georgian Revival building that once served as district headquarters for a national oil company.?
"McCrory felt like an extension of our company. They embraced everything from our conceptual vision to responsible fiscal stewardship."President
One of the first phases of the project was detailed preconstruction planning designed to engineer material cost savings without compromising the community’s lush design and aesthetic. In addition to eight flats in the historic Middleton Building and 46 amenity-rich, multi-story city homes, community residents enjoy a swimming pool, putting green and full gym within the gated enclave. The award-winning development earned an adaptive use award from the city’s premier preservationist group, Historic Columbia.
- Eight flats within 1930 historic building
- 46 multi-story homes with city and river views
- Gated community with pool, putting green and gym
- Homes include airy layout, gourmet kitchen, plus private garage and courtyard
- Signature details include 10’ ceilings and copper gutters and downspouts